At its core, TechAccess Oklahoma is about the incredible community of accessibility practitioners and leaders in Oklahoma. While we never expect anyone to be anything other than fantastic when our community gets together, we do have some expectations that must be met.
TechAccess Oklahoma will not accept behavior that is abusive or intentionally inappropriate. Examples of such behavior include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Abusive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age and/or religion.
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
TechAccess Oklahoma may act as it deems necessary to address any instances of abusive or intentionally inappropriate behavior. This may include expelling the offending party or parties from the event.
If you are subject to or witness abusive or intentionally inappropriate behavior, then you are encouraged to report it as soon as possible. Conference staff are available throughout the duration of the event. You can also report via email by sending a message to Lyssa Prince directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. TechAccess Oklahoma will assess, respond and act accordingly.
All violations of the law should be reported to appropriate local law enforcement. Call 911 immediately in the case of an emergency. The Midwest City Police Department will respond to non-emergency calls at 405-732-2266.
By registering, you agree to the terms of this event.