Announcing TechAccessOK 2018!
TechAccessOK is Oklahoma’s premier conference that focuses on accessibility in technology and the web. This year's event takes place at the Skirvin Hilton Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City on June 28th and 29th. Thanks to the generous sponsors shown below, the event is once again FREE to attend!
Oklahoma State Department of Education
Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services
Oklahoma ABLE Tech
Thursday, June 28th will be a one day workshop on creating accessible PDF forms. Bevi Chagnon is back with us again this year to lead the workshop. This will be a bring-your-own-device session. A limited number of laptops will be available to use, but please bring your own laptop if you want to make the workshop hands-on.
June 29th brings in ICT accessibility experts from across the country to share their knowledge. We are working to finalize the schedule, but our speakers include:
- Jessica Anderson, Sean Dixon and Nate Marshall from OU’s Center for Public Management speaking about building an accessibility program
- Ashley Bischoff from The Paciello Group, speaking about using plain language
- Luis Garcia from eBay, speaking about testing for accessibility
- Glenda Sims from Deque Systems, speaking about the new Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1
- Lainey Strange from the State of Missouri speaking about writing effective alternative text
- Jay Wyant and Jennie Delisi from the State of Minnesota, speaking about accessible multimedia and captioning
We will offer break refreshments in the morning and afternoon both days. Lunch is on your own, but being in downtown Oklahoma City there are lots of options.
The full schedule for TechAccessOK 2018 will be published here very soon.
You can Register for FREE now at EventBrite.com. Sign up for either the 1st or 2nd day of the conference or both - you'll receive your tickets from EventBrite. Within a few days of registering, you will receive an email with a link to a form that will let you request any accommodations or specify dietary needs.
PDF Accessibility with Bevi Chagnon
Thursday, June 28, 2018
Friday, June 29, 2018
Skirvin Hilton Hotel
Downtown Oklahoma City
1 Park Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Make your reservations here!
ABLE Tech has secured a block of rooms at the Shirvin Hotel for a discounted rate of $95 per night for the night of June 28th.
PHONE for ABLE Tech
To learn more about how you can take advantage of mileage reimbursement, click here.
See you at TechAccessOK 2018 in June!